Tuesday 30 January 2018

Hues of Blue

I have never lived in this room without you
Never have I ever felt these hues of blue

Like always, your bicycle stands still here
But your towel which hung on it, is not to be seen anywhere near

For the first time, I see your cupboard close
And no pile of shirts to toss

There is lot of space in the room to walk
Gone are your slippers, sports' shoes, formals and crocs

You filled all the water bottles before leaving
But there are no scoldings, which get me that water gulping

Your side of bed is clean like ever
But no sight of you, making hair, in front of mirror

For the first time, there is no movie on download, on my laptop, in forever
I miss your grooving, my crazy dancer

The A.C. is on at the temperature, you set
But nowhere are your hands to muffle me up under the blanket

Your speaker, today, is not playing any song
But my mind is screaming; for you, I long

Never have I felt such emptiness in this room
Never have I felt anything, but love, in this room

I have never lived in this room without you
Never have I ever felt these hues of blue


© Priyanka Bajaj

No comments:

Post a Comment